Quilt

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Taos

Mom and Dad took a trip to Arizona and were going to spend this weekend in Taos on their way back to Denver. Taos always sounds like a good idea to me, so I am joining them. I drove from Montrose yesterday and met them at the hotel-we are staying at Inn on the Rio. It is a remodeled motor lodge just down Kit Carson road from The Plaza. It is owned by Robert and Jules, and their dog Stormy. It is a wonderful home away from home, complete with Jules' homemade breakfast, Robert's homemade bread, and their cute hotel touches.


Driving down Kit Carson road there is this field of yellow flowers. I took a few for Dad so he can try to grow some at home.

Today, there was the Saturday Farmer's Market. The produce...oh the produce! There were so many delicious looking foods, and delicious looking flowers, too.


At the Farmer's Market, I decided to get my palms read by a woman intuitive. She described me perfectly to a tee, and we both delighted in each other during the reading.
We went to a little outdoor art market at the park and then returned in the afternoon for wandering the shops in The Plaza and on Bent street. Everything is so vibrant in Taos this time of year!


Tomorrow Mom and Dad leave after another helping of Jules' cooking. I am heading to Santa Fe for the day and to drive the High Road. I will stay again in Taos tomorrow night and then head back to Montrose. Being in Taos is a refreshing getaway for the soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment