Quilt

Monday, August 18, 2014

Just gettin' away

If there are any benefits at all to having lost "The Boys" is that I can up and go whenever I want without worrying about who will take care of them. Granted, I would rather go nowhere and stay home than not have them around, but such things are out of my control. I had managed a long weekend in Denver recently; Thursday night I stayed in Grand Junction to see some friends, one of whom was traveling for work; and Saturday night I decided to stay in Crested Butte.

I started my little getaway at the Gunnison car and craft show. I am not usually someone who pursues going to a car show, but Gunnison is on the way to Crested Butte so I thought I would stop by. There were rows of impressive cars from the past and present, lots of beautiful colors, and proud owners who would tell you anything about the history of the car.

My favorite, as I have become a "Maisie Dobbs" mystery reader of late, is the little black MG. Maisie drives a red MG, but it was still fun to see this little number.

There were some intriguing ones, as well as a police car that reminded me of those in old school cartoons.


I headed up to Crested Butte and was reminded of what a beautiful drive that is. Once I got into town I was reminded of just how I think it should be rated #1 on The Cutest Small Towns of Colorado list!






No comments:

Post a Comment